Summer is still here, and who doesn’t love the low-maintenance, no heat looks that everyone has been rocking? If you haven’t made it to the beach yet this summer, here is at least one way to get beautiful beachy waves in your hair, without all the sand.
- Start with wet or damp hair.
You can either wash your hair or choose to mist with a spray bottle full of plain water or with a little extra conditioner in it. If you are prone to frizziness, consider using an anti-frizz cleanser & conditioner. Use one that won’t weigh down your hair, and still allow for good movement. Make sure after you wash your hair, it isn’t dripping wet; otherwise, the style won’t be as effective.
- If you have straight hair, this style tends to look better. However, even if you have wavy or loose, curly hair, it can be a great way to help shape your strands.
- This style probably won’t work as well on hair that is textured or tightly coiled. Hair that is blown out will have better luck holding the style.
- Hair that hasn’t been washed in a couple of days is perfect! With more oils, it can help your hair achieve and hold a beachy look.
- Mist your hair with sea salt spray.
By leaning forward, get the underside of your hair a misting of sea salt spray. Get the rest of your hair as well, but avoid the roots to help keep the oil there. For those with straight hair who need a little help holding a curl, consider using this styling cream from Rene Fris. It gives you control over your hair while not weighing it down with products.
- Part your hair down the middle.
Either divide your hair into two or four even sections. Use a hair clip to keep the sections separate. If you want even tighter waves, separate the hair into even more sections, but take care to keep each section even.
- Twist one section away from your face.
Start by twisting the sections away from your face. Make it tight enough, so it forms a rope. Wrap the twisted section up over your head, almost like a headband, and secure the end with a bobby pin. Repeat the process until all the sections of your hair have been twisted and pinned.
- Let it dry completely.
Mist your hair or use spray-on hair wax, and then let your hair dry. You might want to give it a chance to dry overnight, depending on how thick your hair is. However, if you need to speed up the process, you can use a hairdryer, which can get your hair dry in just 10 or 15 minutes.
- Take out the bobby pins.
Once your hair has dried, remove the bobby pins and shake out the twists. Don’t comb or brush your hair. All you should do is your fingers to comb out the look because you want to keep that piece-y look.
- 7. Use hairspray to set your look.
For those with straight hair, you might want to consider using hairspray to help keep your style in place. To add more texture, you can add some dry shampoo to your roots.